Going Higher (part 4) – Pastor Adeboye
Text: 1 Kings 17:1
The worst attack on an enemy is to close the heavens over the person. Amos 4:7-8
For you to go higher, you need open heavens. If the heavens are shut over you, you may not only not go higher, you may begin to wither.
What Open Heavens mean:
- Divine Visitation. Exodus 3:1-15
- Affirmation from God; God says something about you. Whatever God calls you, that’s what you’ll become. Romans 4:17, Judges 7:15-25
Jesus called Peter a fisher of men, Luke 5:1-11 and multitudes came into the Kingdom through his ministry. Acts 5:12-15
- Your destiny will become activated.
- Moses. Exodus 2:1-25, 3
- Elisha. 1 Kings 19:19-21, 2 Kings 2:9-15
- Paul. Galatians 1:15, Acts 9:1-21
- It can make the difference between life and death.
If death is about to swallow a person up, death will lose its victim. Genesis 32:1-28, 33:1-5
- The person will begin to see visions. Ezekiel 1:1
How can you go higher if you have no vision of where you’re going? Proverbs 29:18
When the heavens begin to open, you see visions of greatness.
More of what open heavens mean:
- Enemies will come against you one way, they will flee in 7 ways
- You no longer borrow but begin to lend to nations
- You see your promotion being accelerated. Deuteronomy 28:1-3
How to get the heavens open for you:
- You must hearken diligently to the Word of the Lord. Malachi 3:10
To avoid the heavens being closed over you:
- Your obedience to God must be complete, not halfway. Revelation 3:15-16, 1 Samuel 15, 28:3-25
If the heavens are closed over you, what can you do? 2 Chronicles 7:13-14
++ Humble yourself before God. James 4:6, Philippians 2:5-12
The higher you go, the more humble you must become.
You cannot afford closed heavens if you’ll ever get to where God has in mind for you.
If you want to give your life to Jesus Christ, cry unto Him and surrender to Him.